Single-purpose Montessori manipulatives
- The Montessori multiplication bead board can be used for finding the product of two small whole numbers, by making equal groups.
- The Montessori division bead board can be used for finding the quotient of two small whole numbers, by making equal groups.
- The Montessori checkerboard can be used for finding the product of a 9 digit whole number, and a 4 digit whole number, so long as their product doesn't have more than 9 digits.
- The Montessori decimal checkerboard is the original Montessori checkerboard, extended to decimals. Thus, it can be used to find the product of two multi-digit whole numbers, but it can also be used for finding the product of a decimal and a whole number. Neither the decimal number, nor the whole number, can have more than 9 digits. Decimal number place values range from units, down to millionths.
- The Pink Tower can be used for comparing and ordering by size, which is a precursor to volume. It can also be used for smallest and biggest, which is a precursor to the minimum and maximum of a finite set.
- The Montessori Circle of Operations can be used for multi-digit addition and subtraction.