Uses of two color counters
Note that any activity that can be done with two color counters can also be done with the unit blocks of algebra manipulatives. Two color counters are most similar to algebra tiles, because for both, color denotes sign (positive or negative). NRICH also provides some activities involving counters.
- Simple repeating patterns (RRYRRY..., etc.)
- At this time, Feb 7, 2022, no YouTube videos exist on this topic.
- Equivalent fractions
- Add whole numbers
- Add integers
- Subtract integers
- Representing fractions
- Multiplying fractions by whole numbers, getting a mixed number
- Converting between mixed numbers and improper fractions
- Find the GCD of two or more whole numbers
- Find all the factors of a whole number