First, students will learn what the three case version of the power of a point theorem is, and why each is true (videos 1, 2, 3, and 4). Then students will learn how to use each case of the theorem. Check out section 3.1 on this page for some good problems.
Conclude by giving your students these challenges:
- 2019 Math Kangaroo Levels 11-12 Problem #23 by STEM4all
- A Romantic Riddle by NRICH
- How Steep Is the Slope? by NRICH
- 2020 Math Kangaroo Levels 11-12 Problem #29 by STEM4all
- Children at Large by NRICH
- 2004 AMC 8, Problem 14